Skip to the content
The Very, Very Basics of using Wires-X in Digital Mode
- Download and install all current firmware updates for your radio. If you have not done this in 6 months, it is due.
- Download and print the “Advanced Operating Manual including Wires-X function” for each radio you plan on using on the system.
- If you have an FT2DR, FT3DR. FTM-100DR, or FTM- 400DR/XDR and plan to use on Wires-X in PDN mode, apply for an account from Yaesu Wires-X website.
- Set your call sign on your radio.
- Set your Wires-X Frequency to manual mode. (See manual above)
- Set a memory channel for the W2SO UHF repeater at 443.850, positive offset,
with a PL Tone of 107.2
- Press or hold your Wires-X button (see manual above for radio specific operation). The handshake between your radio should complete. If not, repeat above.
- Listen. If someone is on, wait your turn and say your call sign.
- If no one is on and you want to switch rooms, either switch to encode or search direct and find a room to connect to. (See manual above for radio specific operation)
a. Room Suggestions Include:
i. Zombie Alert Network (Michigan Repeaters)- 50048
ii. Texas Nexus- 21636
iii. MNWis- Minnesota Wisconsin Fusion Link- 21493
iv. America Link-(you might not be able to disconnect)- 21080
- Once connected to a room, say your call sign and get ready. Remember, you are limited to 3 minutes of continuous talk time.
- Although your call sign is always transmitted, best practice is to state your call every ten minutes per FCC.
- When you are done in the room, disconnect or move the room back the W2SO room- 62312.